JOBS AT INLINESKATES.COM
Summit Sports Inc. is an outdoor action sporting goods retailer with a commitment and passion for our sports for over 23 year. We have several retail stores in Southeast Michigan that are leaders in their markets and categories. Our internet retail websites, such as Skis.com and Snowboards.com are some of the top e-commerce sites in the industry, and we integrate the two divisions together in a very unique and symbiotic way. Our websites have been featured in the Internet Retailer Hot 100 list as well as the Internet Retailer Top 500 list. We love what we do, and we do what we love all while weaving together innovation, growth, enthusiasm and a whole lot of fun to create a successful and enjoyable work environment.
Internet Customer Service Representative
Do you love to Ski, Snowboard, Kayak, or Inline Skate? If so, we hire additional help for our holiday season between the months of September and November. From there, we take the best of the best from our seasonal applicants and then add them to our year round Customer Care Team!
Our Customer Care Department is open 6 days a week. As our holiday season draws nearer our hours of operation will be extended. However, right now we are open:
A typical day entails answering inbound calls, e-mails and live chat inquires from customers regarding; new orders, order status, returns, inventory availability and product details. All of our orders are reviewed daily or multiple times, depending on the sensitivity of their status. Outbound calls and e-mails are a part of this review process so we may keep our customers as up-to-date as possible. Internal communication is also a significant activity in our department. A day doesn't pass where we don't talk to our store locations, warehouses, buyers, website development, and web content teams. This level of communication helps us to constantly improve our way of life and the overall flow of our productivity. Customer Care is on the front lines for our company and the customer experience is our highest priority.
- You must actively participate in Downhill Skiing, Snowboarding, Kayaking, Hockey or Inline Skating and have general knowledge of the equipment needed for the sport.
- Have great verbal and written communication.
- Have a general understanding of computers and the internet.
- Possess the ability to multitask.
- Enjoy working in a team environment with the opportunity for individual projects.
- 1+ years experience in Customer Service.
The Shipping Associate will perform a variety of routine shipping tasks. They will pick and pack orders for internet customers as defined by the pick ticket and will ship in accordance with the specified shipping requirements. They will verify that the material is correct as defined by its label (i.e. part number, color, size, etc.). This position reports directly to the Shipping Director or in his/her absence, to the Assistant Shipping Manager(s). Shipping Associates need to have excellent organization skills, enabling them to quickly locate merchandise for distribution or placement within the warehouse.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately and efficiently pull, stage, and load orders; padding, wrapping as necessary.
- Ensure all products are shipped in good physical condition and are prepared so as to arrive in the same condition.
- Work with Supervisor to organize the warehouse and maintain a safe and productive environment.
- Report supply needs and/or equipment breakdowns to supervisor or lead.
- Operate a pallet jack and possible forklift.
- Prepare orders for shipment in accordance with the pick ticket and customer requirements.
- Package and ship in accordance with packaging guidelines and accepted methods/practices.
- Monitor packaging material supplies and notify the Manager when materials get to the restocking point.
- Support receiving/shipping to unload/receive material as required.
- Perform housekeeping duties in areas assigned.
- Support a proactive safety environment, with emphasis on good housekeeping techniques.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Effective communication/comprehension skills - verbal and written.
- Math Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Basic computer skills.
- Physical Requirements: ability to bend, twist, stoop, reach, climb ladders, lift materials up to 50 lbs. and move materials up to 600 lbs using a pallet jack
We are actively looking for an individual to assist us in our development efforts. Currently we have systems running on VB.net, VB6, MSSQL, MSAccess, Demandware/Java, as well as several 3rd Party Services. If you have a few years of experience on any or all of these systems, have an analytical mindset, and like working in a dynamic environment, please keep reading.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzing business problems and presenting solution options.
- Coding and testing applications, installing purchased packages and developing interfaces to other existing systems.
- Provide ongoing support and enhancements to software applications and system.
- Provides system testing, troubleshooting and correcting problems as new software/applications are phased in and installed.
- Associates or higher degree in computer science or related degree.
- 3+ years' experience in application development including analysis, design, programming and testing.
- Visual Studio
- Visual Basic.Net /VB6
- SQL (writing SQL queries, updates, etc.)
- SQL Server experience
Experience using the following are a plus:
- MS Access
- Demandware ( Web Platform)
- Visual Basic.Net /VB6
- Good communication skills and ability to train and present information to others.
- Ability to work independently and in a group or team environment.
- Analytical agility - analyzes ambiguous and rapidly changing data and the environment and can identify key issues and draw logical conclusions.