JOBS AT INLINESKATES.COM
For over 23 years, Summit Sports LLC. has been an outdoor action sporting goods retailer placing a high emphasis on customer service and showcasing our commitment and passion for both winter and summer sports. We have several retail stores in Southeast Michigan that are leaders in their markets and categories and our internet retail websites, such as Skis.com and Snowboards.com, are some of the top e-commerce sites in the industry. Our websites have been featured in the Internet Retailer Hot 100 list as well as the Internet Retailer Top 500 list. We love what we do, and we do what we love all while weaving together innovation, growth, enthusiasm and a whole lot of fun to create a successful and enjoyable work environment.
Front End Web Developer
Have you been doing Front End Design for a few years? Do you think you could teach us some tricks? Go check out www.Skis.com. If you know you can provide high quality code solutions to meet or exceed our needs, keep reading becuase we love what we sell, what we do, and have a lot of fun too.
Here at Summit Sports, we have been striving to come up with new and innovative ideas for our sites to be the best source for sporting goods. We have tons of Size Wizards, Product Configurators, Outfit Creators, Buying Guides, Content, and Videos that help shoppers find the right gear for them. We are actively redesigning all of our page types from homepage to category, product to cart, and content to customer account pages. We will also be implementing our new Responsive Web Design code into our code base in the very near future. For this we need someone with good experience to hit the ground running where no training in needed.
We have a great casual and fun environment, strive to steer clear from a corporate culture, all while still focusing on productivity and creativity. To do this we offer time each week for teams to break out and collaborate on ideas for new projects, paid breaks, a game room, contests, bring your dog to work, awards and nominations for reserved parking spaces and free sporting goods. We could go on, but let's focus on the job first.
- Since our websites are on the Demandware platform, you will be expected to know and/or learn its reference application SiteGenesis, and earn the Demandware Developer Certification. You will use this knowledge to plan, write, and test code that implements the layout and user experience specified in wireframes and PSDs delivered by our Creative Designers.
- Develop sketches or screen layouts to communicate all visual components of the site, including layout and interface design.
- Assist the Development Team with integration of business objectives and usability requirements with interactive and visual design and complete the design of the site according to project objective.
- Maintain and support existing sites including functional enhancements, content updates, and issue resolution.
- Extensive experience converting PSDs into standards-compliant front end code.
- Perform QA and regression testing of web components including but not limited to browser compatibility.
- Completed a degree in computer science, web design or equivalent field.
- 3+ years experience in Front End Development for e-commerce sites (Demandware, Magento or Hybris preferred)
- Solid knowledge of the Adobe Creative suite, specifically: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign programs
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
Some skills that are desired (in order of importance):
- Demandware Developer Certified
- Previous experience with Eclipse
- Use of Firebug or Web Developer toolkits
- Mobile focused web development or responsive design experience
- Familiarity with jQuery library and JSON syntax
- Proficient in graphic design
- Understanding of site performance best practices and SEO
- Working with XML files (data imports/exports)
- REST based API
Full TimeAPPLY NOW
Web Content Specialist
Summit Sports, LLC. is hiring for a full time e-commerce Web Content Specialist to work at our Corporate Office in Bloomfield Hills MI. We operate 6 websites selling anything from skis to snowboards, Inline Skates to camp gear and Water Sports Equipment to Apparel. The ecommerce Web Content Specialist is responsible for product listings from start to finish. Including but not limited to written product copy, special features, videos, images and other assets to market the product page.
Did you catch all the grammar, spelling and content mistakes in that paragraph? Did they drive you wild, just wanting to fix and edit them? Do you annoy your friends by correcting their grammar constantly? Awesome! You might be just the person we are looking for.
A Bit About The Job:
A fairly normal day in this department will revolve around listing products that we sell on one of our many action sports sites (Skis.com, Snowboards.com, InlineSkates.com, WaterOutfitters.com, Campgear.com, and SummitOnline.com). You’ll have catalogs from our buyers to help guide you while filling in the appropriate data within our content management system. For each product, a unique description is created about that specific product. You’ll actively seek out high-quality pictures from the vendor or use one that has been shot by our in-house photo department. You may be asked to write blogs or articles as well. Maybe even expose, think piece, or another fancy sounding assignment if we’re feeling cheeky. But probably not. Then it might be break time, a time to go play a game of pool or ping pong and now it’s time to transcribe some videos, continue writing content or fixing errors found on some of the previous records that have been listed. There might even be some dog petting breaks from our various office dogs. They need a lot of attention.
A Bit About Your Responsibilities
We need you to do things obviously. Or else why would we be here? Here’s the list:
- Responsible for maintenance and creation of product copy across multiple websites, brands and categories (Create and edit content for products carried on Skis.com, Snowboards.com, etc.)
- Develop original SEO content to increase website traffic
- Help maintain a consistent voice throughout each website where copy is being written, extra points for style
- Research new products to understand key selling points, which involves working with the buyers and vendor reps
- Generate product and service descriptions that stand out from the competition
- Participate in brainstorming and creative thinking for new ideas/solutions, we’re big on innovation and collaboration. And donuts.
- Assist Marketing, Public Relations, and Web Content team with additional content pieces, such as articles, infographics, buying guides, and blogs
- Adding photos shot by our photo department or vendor to merchandise records
- Weekly management of assigned reports
- Manage and manipulate product images via Photoshop
- Help resolve product and picture issues found on our sites
- Completing tasks assigned through JIRA task management system
A Bit About What You Need:
Can you train someone in the art of content creation through interpretive dance only? Good. That’s a start. Here’s the rest:
- Preferably someone that skis and/or snowboards is requested, but not required. E-Commerce/D2C experience a plus. Like 100 extra points right off the bat.
- Basic knowledge of SEO and ability to produce keywords for products being written about is a plus
- Basic knowledge of HTML with the ability to edit embedded content a plus
- Comfortable producing in fast-paced, deadline driven environments
- Comfort and prior experience working in a content management system is also a plus. Maybe 50 points.
- A command of the English language and impeccable grammar.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Interpretative dance will be considered a bonus.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Self-motivated, with a helpful attitude and a strong desire to learn.
- Proficient with Windows and Microsoft Office, Google Sheets and Docs.
- Pursuing/received an undergraduate degree in Marketing, Creative Writing, English or a degree that promotes analytical/technical abilities a plus.
- Extraordinary attention to detail. Ha! Just checking to see if you fit the bill.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Team Lead
- Willingness to learn all aspects of the business as needed
- Quick-learner, able to think independently and know how to prioritize multiple tasks.
A Bit About What You Get:
- Flexible and very casual work environment. Free dog pets. The occasional donut or other sweet treats. Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off, sick time, employee discounts and more. We can’t give away all the awesome surprises right off the bat.
The Shipping Associate will perform a variety of routine shipping tasks at locations in Bloomfield Hills, MI, and Austin, TX. They will pick and pack orders for internet customers as defined by the pick ticket and will ship in accordance with the specified shipping requirements. They will verify that the material is correct as defined by its label (i.e. part number, color, size, etc.). This position reports directly to the Shipping Director or in his/her absence, to the Assistant Shipping Manager(s). Shipping Associates need to have excellent organization skills, enabling them to quickly locate merchandise for distribution or placement within the warehouse.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately and efficiently pull, stage, and load orders; padding, wrapping as necessary.
- Ensure all products are shipped in good physical condition and are prepared so as to arrive in the same condition.
- Work with Supervisor to organize the warehouse and maintain a safe and productive environment.
- Report supply needs and/or equipment breakdowns to supervisor or lead.
- Operate a pallet jack and possible forklift.
- Prepare orders for shipment in accordance with the pick ticket and customer requirements.
- Package and ship in accordance with packaging guidelines and accepted methods/practices.
- Monitor packaging material supplies and notify the Manager when materials get to the restocking point.
- Support receiving/shipping to unload/receive material as required.
- Perform housekeeping duties in areas assigned.
- Support a proactive safety environment, with emphasis on good housekeeping techniques.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Effective communication/comprehension skills - verbal and written.
- Math Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Basic computer skills.
- Physical Requirements: ability to bend, twist, stoop, reach, climb ladders, lift materials up to 50 lbs. and move materials up to 600 lbs using a pallet jack
We are actively looking for an individual to work at our Corporate Office in Bloomfield Hills MI to assist us in our development efforts. Currently we have systems running on VB.net, VB6, MSSQL, MSAccess, Demandware/Java, as well as several 3rd Party Services. If you have a few years of experience on any or all of these systems, have an analytical mindset, and like working in a dynamic environment, please keep reading.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzing business problems and presenting solution options.
- Coding and testing applications, installing purchased packages and developing interfaces to other existing systems.
- Provide ongoing support and enhancements to software applications and system.
- Provides system testing, troubleshooting and correcting problems as new software/applications are phased in and installed.
- Associates or higher degree in computer science or related degree.
- 3+ years' experience in application development including analysis, design, programming and testing.
- Visual Studio
- Visual Basic.Net /VB6
- SQL (writing SQL queries, updates, etc.)
- SQL Server experience
Experience using the following are a plus:
- MS Access
- Demandware ( Web Platform)
- Visual Basic.Net /VB6
- Good communication skills and ability to train and present information to others.
- Ability to work independently and in a group or team environment.
- Analytical agility - analyzes ambiguous and rapidly changing data and the environment and can identify key issues and draw logical conclusions.
Call Center Customer Care Representative
Do you love to Ski, Snowboard, Kayak, or Inline Skate?
If so, come join our Call Center/Customer Care Team at Summit Sports, LLC!
Summit Sports, LLC has been in the retail sporting goods business for over 20 years. We currently operate 6 specialty retail websites along with 3 stores in the Detroit metro area and 1 in East Lansing. We would like to offer YOU an opportunity to be a teammate in our e-commerce Customer Care department. Seasonal Positions are available now, however we always look to keep individuals who excel in the position as part of our permanent full time team.
Your primary responsibilities will be assisting our customers and helping to resolve their inquiries. By using the latest in modern communication and technology tools, you will be able to provide our customers with accurate answers to their questions in both a quick and helpful manner. As a frontline teammate, you will be the primary point of contact for our customers -- it is critical that you help provide them with a predictable, compassionate, and timely resolution to their questions and inquiries while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude. A teammate exhibits strong communication skills, excels at customer interaction, exhibits creativity and skill in delivering practical solutions, and thrives in a quick paced and collaborative team environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer inbound phone calls, emails, and live chats from customers and work to resolve their queries in real time or work with the most relevant department so it can be dealt with appropriately.
- Proactively recommend and educate the customer about equipment and products in order to improve their satisfaction and deepen their relationship with Summit Sports.
- Deliver on metrics for example: phone handled time, customer experience and responding to emails quickly and efficiently.
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Drive for Results
- Functional / Technical Skills
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- You must actively participate in one or more of the sports, or have good general knowledge of the gear we sell.
- Open availability to work evenings and weekends.
- Must enjoy working in a fast paced, collaborative team environment.
- Strong working knowledge of external systems, PC based internet with software applications (Internet, Microsoft Office -- Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Strong verbal (phone) communications utilizing active listening and clearly speaking to customers.
- Strong written (email, live chat) communications utilizing proper grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to work independently while making sound business decisions on case information.
- Well-developed sense of urgency and follow through.
- Ability to multitask: multiple systems, screens and tasks during customer contacts.
- Time management and Adherence to schedules.
- This position requires sitting, typing and repetitive motions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- $11/hour to start
- Generous employee discount
- Free sports equipment available through bonuses